Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to connect to network drives

I just updated from an iMac to a Mac Studio. I’ve made sure file sharing is set up on the Mac Studio, but none of the drives connected to it are now accessible from the other Macs. They were before. I can see them on the network, but selecting them just shows a folder icon, no contents. How can I resolve this?

Mac Studio

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 8:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 3:17 AM

If that is an account on the Studio, and that is the account you used to connect to it, then you will have the same access you would if logged in directly. Anything you’ve done in Sharing may confound that.

There is also privacy restrictions on process access. smbd might need full disk access on the Studio. The smbd process is what actually provides the access, so it would need access to all things you want to see over the network. It may already be in Privacy section of Security & Privacy Settings, Full Disk Access. You may just have to enable it.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2023 3:17 AM in response to Adwiz

If that is an account on the Studio, and that is the account you used to connect to it, then you will have the same access you would if logged in directly. Anything you’ve done in Sharing may confound that.

There is also privacy restrictions on process access. smbd might need full disk access on the Studio. The smbd process is what actually provides the access, so it would need access to all things you want to see over the network. It may already be in Privacy section of Security & Privacy Settings, Full Disk Access. You may just have to enable it.

Unable to connect to network drives

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.