Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers App Sync

I shared a spreadsheet between all of my apple devices. I had the sheet open on my Air but it didn't have all of the data. I opened it on my phone and it was correct. Then I saw "Syncing" and the data I needed disappeared. Any way to get it back?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 8:21 PM

"Sharing" and "syncing" are two different things. Syncing generally occurs automatically (and in my experience is highly reliable) when you are signed into the same iCloud account on all devices and have settings one your Mac and other devices configured to use iCloud Drive. Then it "just works."

You could try going to iCloud.com and seeing if your document in Numbers for iCloud there has all your data (from your description, though, probably it is gone. If you can't find it in File > Revert on your Mac then it is time to start up Time Machine (or whatever backup system you are using) and recover from there.

If you are not using a backup system, then now is the time to start!

SG

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2023 8:21 PM in response to bayoutarheel

"Sharing" and "syncing" are two different things. Syncing generally occurs automatically (and in my experience is highly reliable) when you are signed into the same iCloud account on all devices and have settings one your Mac and other devices configured to use iCloud Drive. Then it "just works."

You could try going to iCloud.com and seeing if your document in Numbers for iCloud there has all your data (from your description, though, probably it is gone. If you can't find it in File > Revert on your Mac then it is time to start up Time Machine (or whatever backup system you are using) and recover from there.

If you are not using a backup system, then now is the time to start!

SG

Numbers App Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.