Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How do I turn Do Not Disturb mode off on my iPhone?

For over 1 day now Do Not Disturb has been on and I have not been getting any notifications. I look at my Focus schedules and I had two set up for night time. But Do not disturb was turned on and the moon displayed during the day. I went in and disabled all my schedules and I still CANNOT turn off do not disturb! It is still showing the moon. Why is there no toggle to turn on and off ! How do I get do not disturb setting off so I can receive notifications, I looked at Apples pages and they are worthless.

[Re-titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 7:13 AM

I finally figured this one out. No toggle buttons, removing every focus feature did not work, deleting all schedules did not work, was not int he control center, etc.

This worked :

I pressed and held the button on the right of my phone and I spoke to my phone: "Turn off Do not disturb".

and then I did a happy dance :)

Similar questions

74 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2023 7:13 AM in response to Darn927

I finally figured this one out. No toggle buttons, removing every focus feature did not work, deleting all schedules did not work, was not int he control center, etc.

This worked :

I pressed and held the button on the right of my phone and I spoke to my phone: "Turn off Do not disturb".

and then I did a happy dance :)

May 24, 2023 7:39 AM in response to Darn927

Do Nit Disturb is enabled on my phone, iPhone X. When I follow all the steps to disable it, there is no toggle switch on my screen to turn it off. I have even tried going into App Store and removing focus from my phone altogether, but that doesn’t work either! I am getting no phone calls or text messages. Please help me if you can.

Feb 7, 2023 6:36 PM in response to ProustGiulio

I’m sorry but this response is completely useless since it just points users to the most basic how-to manual answer. The problem is there is NO OPTION TO TURN THIS FEATURE OFF APPEARING: no toggle switch, no toggling button, etc. I’ve reset all settings and still cannot solve this problem. Why is no one answering this or at least acknowledging it as a known bug?

Jun 13, 2023 9:50 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Well I'm relatively technically astute, have done a fair amount of trying different settings, attempting to turn it off, force closing my phone, reading and trying various online suggestions and nothing seemed to work. I think others in this thread have run into the same bug.

I'm glad you didn't have this issue on your phone but I and others have. So I resorted to this work around.

May 8, 2023 1:37 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thank you Lawrence Finch but there is no button circled in green, Just black boxes labeled Do not disturb, personal, and work. I wish your image was visible. I don’t want to use this feature, ever. I don’t want to have to hunt through the settings every time it randomly sets itself and blocks notifications. I do not want to fiddle with turning individual times off, I want the whole thing permanently silenced and gone. Any hope?

Feb 22, 2023 7:25 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

I would like to add one more thing to Lawrence finch’s post. Once you open to the screen he posted, tap Focus. In my photo below, you can see what happens when you do that. All of the Focus options are visible. In my screen, the Work Focus is a different color from the rest. that means it is On. To turn off any focus that is a different color, simply tap it. It should return to a dark gray color like the others. That means it is off.

Incidentally, you can tap any Focus from this screen to turn it on or off. I hope this helps.

May 24, 2023 8:14 AM in response to coolside

coolside wrote:

Thank you Lawrence Finch but there is no button circled in green, Just black boxes labeled Do not disturb, personal, and work. I wish your image was visible. I don’t want to use this feature, ever. I don’t want to have to hunt through the settings every time it randomly sets itself and blocks notifications. I do not want to fiddle with turning individual times off, I want the whole thing permanently silenced and gone. Any hope?

You are not looking at the Control Center, you are looking in Settings.

To open the Control Center:

Phones with Face ID: Swipe down from the Battery icon

Phones with Touch ID (Home button): Swipe up from the bottom of the screen

Here is how to disable it completely:

Do Not Disturb setup has been made much more flexible, but this has come at the cost of much more complication. To get it working again, do these steps ONCE:

• Tap Settings
  • Tap Focus
  • Tap on any Focus settings that you will never use and remove them (you can add them back later if you change your mind, and even create new, custom ones)
  • Tap Do Not Disturb
  • Tap People
  • Tap Allow Notifications From
  • If anyone is listed who should not call you when DND is on delete them; if you don’t want any calls from anyone, any time, delete all people
  • Tap the dropdown next to Allow Calls From and choose Allowed People Only
  • Optionally, tap on Apps, then Allow Notifications From and don’t add any apps.

All of the above is a one-time setup. After that, turn DND on or off with the Control Center Focus button. You can optionally set one or more schedules by going to:Settings/Focus/Do Not Disturb/Set a Schedule.

Jun 13, 2023 11:57 AM in response to Cruiser Simon

If I can do it I assume anyone can do it. Here is exactly what I did (posted previously):

Do these steps ONCE:

• Tap Settings
  • Tap Focus
  • Tap on any Focus settings that you will never use and remove them (you can add them back later if you change your mind, and even create new, custom ones)
  • Tap Do Not Disturb
  • Tap People
  • Tap Allow Notifications From
  • If anyone is listed who should not call you when DND is on delete them; if you don’t want any calls from anyone, any time, delete all people
  • Tap the dropdown next to Allow Calls From and choose Allowed People Only (even if there are no Allowed people)
  • Optionally, tap on Apps, then Allow Notifications From and don’t add any apps.

All of the above is a one-time setup. After that, turn DND on or off with the Control Center button.

You can optionally set one or more schedules by going to:Settings/Focus/Do Not Disturb/Set a Schedule.

My DND comes on when I want it to, and NEVER comes on when I don’t want it to. I have a schedule from 10 PM to 7 AM. That is the only scheduled time I don’t get calls or notifications.

I actually added a custom focus I call Fitness. I set it the same as above, then as an option I chose “While at this location” at the gym I use. It works perfectly; when I am working out all of my calls and notifications are silenced. I don’t have to turn it on; that’s automatic based on the location.

When I go to a performance I tap the DND button on my Watch; it asks me for how long, and I chose “while at this location”. That silences both my watch and my phone until I leave the venue.

If I’m in a meeting I do the same thing; when it asks for how long, I choose the length of the meeting.

May 15, 2023 4:50 AM in response to Darn927

My did Not Disturb is not on in the Focus

section of my mini iPhone.

I could not get my phone to ring and

all calls went into vc mail. My ringer

Button on the side was on.

So, I simply pressed the Volume Up

and Down button on the side of my phone and it worked. I could see and hear incoming calls again. Weird … but it

worked.

Mar 6, 2024 8:52 AM in response to Darn927

None of the 'directions' offered here worked for me on my iPhone 12. I finally did these steps to turn off my Do Not Disturb mode:

1. From my Locked screen I could see the "'moon icon' and Do Not Disturb".
  2. I pressed and held that area until the buttons from the Focus items appeared.
  3. Do Not Disturb was clearly 'on'.
  4. I pressed one time to turn to Off position.

I also noted other focus buttons at were off at that time, but I could toggle on from this view.

Good Luck

How do I turn Do Not Disturb mode off on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.