Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove drive icons from monitor desktop, running 13.0.1 Ventura

I just bought a new Mac Mini from Apple, back in 2010 I bought the best Mac Pro Apple offered. I have not messed with the computer other than installing 128GB of memory in the Mac Pro Desktop. Now I have 3 drive icons showing on my Mac Mini monitor, I'm running Ventura 13.0.1 O/S, how do I remove the drive icons from the monitor's screen?

Thank you in advance

Carl Hataway

Mac mini, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 6:47 AM

Finder >> Setting >> General and untick " Hard disks "

13 replies

Jan 7, 2023 4:02 PM in response to dialabrain

P. Phillips, I truly appreciate your guidance on removing the drive icons from my desktop. I'm 76 years old and haven't messed with computers since I got my Mac Pro back in 2010. I installed 128GB of memory in the Mac and only use it for editing with Final Cut Pro 10. I just sold my video production company and my 8000 s.f. studio with 32 employees. Last year we filmed 33 Life Event videos in 28 foreign countries. Check out my YouTube channel at OUR TIME VIDEO PRODUCTION GROUP, LLC. Again thanks for your help and I'm enjoying the new Mac Mini with a 34" curved monitor!

Respectfully,

Carl

Remove drive icons from monitor desktop, running 13.0.1 Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.