Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone X black screen

My Iphone X's screen is completely pitch black, but still works fine. I can feel it vibrate, get notifications, calls, siri etc.. I've tried the trick of turning your volume up and down then pressing the volume and close button till the apple logo appears. Yet this hasn't worked multiple times, as my phone won't shut down unless I slide the button on the screen which (due to the black screen) I can't see.

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 8:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 8:49 PM

"Iphone X black screen: [...]My Iphone X's screen is completely pitch black, but still works fine."

-------

Troubleshooting a Black iPhone Screen:

I'd say the iPhone is stuck in a boot loop.  So, refer to my user tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

No success?...

Try the Tips at these Apple Support Links:

Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: Report this issue to Apple. It occurred after an update installation --something they should be made aware of. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: when this all began. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessa
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2023 8:49 PM in response to JustineTraore

"Iphone X black screen: [...]My Iphone X's screen is completely pitch black, but still works fine."

-------

Troubleshooting a Black iPhone Screen:

I'd say the iPhone is stuck in a boot loop.  So, refer to my user tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

No success?...

Try the Tips at these Apple Support Links:

Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: Report this issue to Apple. It occurred after an update installation --something they should be made aware of. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: when this all began. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessa

Iphone X black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.