Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Trade In

I have some short and long scratches on the back of my iPad mini 5 (photo) I don’t know if I have to click yes or no on the option where the back is damaged in the trade in menu. Can someone please help me? ^_^

iPad mini 5 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 10:52 AM

The questions are used to establish eligibility for online trade-in - and to establish an estimated trade-in value. No matter what you enter, the device will be assessed upon receipt by Apple’s trade-in partner - at which point one of three outcomes will occur:

1) The trade-in is accepted - and the estimated value is confirmed and credited to you.

2) The trade-is is accepted - but a lower trade-in value is offered. You can accept the revised offer, or have the device returned to you.

3) The trade-in is rejected - and the device is returned to you

Minor cosmetic damage is normally expected and accepted. Major damage (e.g., dents) may be less likely to be acceptable.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2023 10:52 AM in response to Nokopoko

The questions are used to establish eligibility for online trade-in - and to establish an estimated trade-in value. No matter what you enter, the device will be assessed upon receipt by Apple’s trade-in partner - at which point one of three outcomes will occur:

1) The trade-in is accepted - and the estimated value is confirmed and credited to you.

2) The trade-is is accepted - but a lower trade-in value is offered. You can accept the revised offer, or have the device returned to you.

3) The trade-in is rejected - and the device is returned to you

Minor cosmetic damage is normally expected and accepted. Major damage (e.g., dents) may be less likely to be acceptable.

iPad Trade In

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.