Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to find Contact Card Metadata

Hello all,

I'm trying to find out how to find the .abcdp file name for a contact card on my MacBook.

I know how to find the Metadata file, however this is full of file names that I cannot link to a Contact Card name.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 6:15 PM

Open Automator and create a new Quick action.

Set the Quick Action to No input from Contacts

From the Utilities group, drag the Run AppleScript action into the build pane (right side).

Paste in this script:

tell application "Contacts"
	set thePeople to selection
	repeat with aPerson in thePeople
		set createDate to (creation date of aPerson)
		set modDate to (modification date of aPerson)
		display dialog name of aPerson & return & id of aPerson & return & "Created: " & short date string of createDate & return & "Modified: " & short date string of modDate
	end repeat
end tell

Save the Quick Action with a short, descriptive name.

Open Contacts, select a contact (or many), and select your Quick Action name from Contacts menu > Services menu.

You can add a keyboard shortcut in the Keyboard System Settings. In keyboard shortcuts, select Services, then open the General section and find your Quick Action. Double-click (none) and type a shortcut.

I could have it select the file, I think, but this should show you all the info you need.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2023 6:15 PM in response to jatros

Open Automator and create a new Quick action.

Set the Quick Action to No input from Contacts

From the Utilities group, drag the Run AppleScript action into the build pane (right side).

Paste in this script:

tell application "Contacts"
	set thePeople to selection
	repeat with aPerson in thePeople
		set createDate to (creation date of aPerson)
		set modDate to (modification date of aPerson)
		display dialog name of aPerson & return & id of aPerson & return & "Created: " & short date string of createDate & return & "Modified: " & short date string of modDate
	end repeat
end tell

Save the Quick Action with a short, descriptive name.

Open Contacts, select a contact (or many), and select your Quick Action name from Contacts menu > Services menu.

You can add a keyboard shortcut in the Keyboard System Settings. In keyboard shortcuts, select Services, then open the General section and find your Quick Action. Double-click (none) and type a shortcut.

I could have it select the file, I think, but this should show you all the info you need.

Jan 12, 2023 5:35 PM in response to Barney-15E

What I mean is, I can access the metadata files for my contact. The file names are all random .abcdp file names that open a contact card.

I know the contact card I want to find in the metadata file. Is there a way of finding that contact cards .abcdp file name so I can find it in the metadata file?

I am trying to find when a specific contact card was created. The metadata files are all dated, so if I can find out the file name for the contact card in question I should be able to find out the date.

How to find Contact Card Metadata

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.