Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 no 5G?

I purchased this iPhone 12 the other day. It’s unlocked and I’m using it on Qlink wireless which uses T-Mobile towers. I’m stuck in LTE mode and under settings there is no options for enabling 5G whatsoever. I’ve done a network reset and even restored the phone. They even sent me a new SIM card today and it didn’t fix anything. I’m getting extremely slow speeds to. My text and calls work fine.

I know there’s something wrong as I just sold a Google pixel 6a and I used the same SIM card and had full 5g with very fast speeds. Qlink is not being helpful at all and say it’s my coverage area. I know for a fact that’s not the case. Any suggestions?

iPhone 12

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 2:46 PM

Per Use 5G with your iPhone - Apple Support"

If you don't see 5G in the status bar

1. Make sure that you’re in an area with 5G coverage. Contact your carrier if you're not sure.
  2. Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options or Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options. If you see this screen, your device has 5G activated. If you don’t see this screen, contact your carrier to confirm that your plan supports 5G.

3. Turn on Airplane Mode, then turn it off.

If you still don't have 5G service, contact your carrier."

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2023 2:46 PM in response to fixxxer2022

Per Use 5G with your iPhone - Apple Support"

If you don't see 5G in the status bar

1. Make sure that you’re in an area with 5G coverage. Contact your carrier if you're not sure.
  2. Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options or Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options. If you see this screen, your device has 5G activated. If you don’t see this screen, contact your carrier to confirm that your plan supports 5G.

3. Turn on Airplane Mode, then turn it off.

If you still don't have 5G service, contact your carrier."

iPhone 12 no 5G?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.