Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPod Pro’s 2 software version 4E761

Just bought AirPod Pro 2nd gens from a 3rd party. I noticed there wasn’t any difference when the ANC/Ambient features were on or off so I decided to check if they were real. Everything seemed legit and all the serial numbers matched up with what was online. But when I checked the software version and found it was: 4E761. On apples own we side that software version doesn’t appear to exist and the closest matching one is 4E71. Anyone else have this problem? Are my earbuds fake?

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 6:09 PM

Hey there aflakx,

The AirPods will have firmware versions you can look up. Use the details in this link to determine which firmware version you have: About firmware updates for AirPods - Apple Support

Alternately, if you would like to confirm the model number, this resource will be more helpful: Identify your AirPods - Apple Support

If you still cannot identify the AirPods, Contact Apple Support for additional guidance.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2023 6:09 PM in response to aflakx

Hey there aflakx,

The AirPods will have firmware versions you can look up. Use the details in this link to determine which firmware version you have: About firmware updates for AirPods - Apple Support

Alternately, if you would like to confirm the model number, this resource will be more helpful: Identify your AirPods - Apple Support

If you still cannot identify the AirPods, Contact Apple Support for additional guidance.

Take care!

AirPod Pro’s 2 software version 4E761

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.