Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restored music library from time machine reverts back to latest from icloud

One of my playlists disappeared from Music. I found the music library on Time Machine and successfully restored it. When I start up Music on my desktop Mac, I momentarily see the missing playlist (from the restoration), however, it almost immediately reverts back to the newer library saved on iCloud. I turned off the Sync Library and back again, however, can't seem to find anything that works. A new bug perhaps in a software update? The playlist disappeared upon returning from a trip in January. Was wondering if there was a way to delete the music library on iCloud to replace it with the file from Time Machine?

iMac 27″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 4:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 3:57 PM

Were the songs that formed the list downloaded to the computer or in the cloud or from Apple Music? If so you might need to reconstruct the list manually. See also If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library - Apple Support. What is the iCloud status of the greyed out tracks?

tt2

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2023 3:57 PM in response to whenthemusicsover

Were the songs that formed the list downloaded to the computer or in the cloud or from Apple Music? If so you might need to reconstruct the list manually. See also If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library - Apple Support. What is the iCloud status of the greyed out tracks?

tt2

restored music library from time machine reverts back to latest from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.