Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Compatibility

Got a new MacBook Air, OX 13.0. Decided to save a couple of bucks and use my existing mouse, which came with my last laptop. This unit is not seeing the mouse. My Mini (OX 12.6.2) is also not able to see the older mice and was able to a few weeks ago.

The more I think about this, the more it could be a system upgrade. Is this possible?

And what is the remedy besides buying a new mouse?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 6:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 1:01 AM

if it was me then I would make it forget the mouse, put the mouse back into pairing mode and reconnect it

with bluetooth it's not really a question of compatibility between 1 device, bluetooth have what is called profiles which each serves a purpose and if the mouse support the profile it's one shoe fits all

List of Bluetooth profiles - Wikipedia

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2023 1:01 AM in response to Jarzoirmur

if it was me then I would make it forget the mouse, put the mouse back into pairing mode and reconnect it

with bluetooth it's not really a question of compatibility between 1 device, bluetooth have what is called profiles which each serves a purpose and if the mouse support the profile it's one shoe fits all

List of Bluetooth profiles - Wikipedia

Jan 26, 2023 7:28 PM in response to Rudegar

Thanks, Mr. Rudegar,

I knew nothing about all this, so thanks for that. I am a long-time, enthusiastic consumer of Apple products, which I hope explains my child-like questions, not being a particular gear head myself. I scanned the Wikipedia entry on bluetooth and got lost within a paragraph.

I just dumped my old mouse's connection on the new MacBookAir and it immediately re-found itself, working normally!

Bluetooth Compatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.