Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail cutting off bottom of some emails in MAC OS 12.6.3

Some emails I receive are incomplete - the bottom is cut off. Mac mini M1 running Monterey 12.6.3. If I download the same email with Spark on the same machine I get the whole email.

2019 iMac running Big Sur 11.7.3 has a similar problem. I sometimes get only about ½ the text of the email.

How do I fix Apple Mail?

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 9:01 AM

5 replies

Feb 19, 2023 10:54 AM in response to tbirdvet

This no longer looks like a "bug" in Apple Mail. The missing sections of the emails are selective and occur not only at the end of the email but can be selected parts of the email (including the middle or beginning). To me it looks like censorship as the only emails affected are of a politically conservative nature. The emails from The Epoch Times are the only ones affected. I just added the Outlook app and it has no censoring (Spark doesn't either). I contacted Apple and talked to a rep in Austin - did not help. I guess I will just delete Apple Mail and use one of the alternates. Very disappointed in Apple - that I have been using since the Apple II days in the 1980's.

Apple Mail cutting off bottom of some emails in MAC OS 12.6.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.