Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any way to get specific albums from MacBook to iPad without subscribing to Apple Music?

I have several CDs I've ripped to my MacBook. I'd like to have those on my iPad, but can't figure out how to do it. I believe subscribing to Apple Music would allow syncing the libraries, but (a) I don't want to sync the whole dang library (limited space on iPad), and (b) I don't want to pay for a subscription service for such an infrequent or unique task.

I've seen notes saying the files can be shared using Google Drive, etc., but without any instructions on how that would work exactly.

I'd love if iPads allowed the connection of external CD drives, but apparently that is a total non-starter as the Brits say.

Ideas?

iPad Pro, 12.9-inch, 6th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 10:45 AM

You can sync your iPad by connecting it to your computer. You can elect to sync any music in your Music library. Sync music between your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 3, 2023 11:17 AM in response to muguy

Yeah, that _should_ work, but I couldn't get it to work. I was sitting at my MacBook Air, with my iPad at my elbow, and they were connected, but the iPad didn't show up. Finally I realized it might be a defective type C cable, or perhaps charge only. So I tried another one, and BINGO! Final result: I _was_ able to sync the desired albums and tracks to the iPad. Yay!

Any way to get specific albums from MacBook to iPad without subscribing to Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.