Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse will not scroll on light surfaces.

I have a new Magic Mouse (two months old) I am using with a MacBook Pro (also new) and it will not scroll horizontally on a light colored surface, on black printed material it seems to work fine. On a light colored surface it goes up and down fine but will not move left to right.

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon 2023

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 2:07 PM

Mine will scroll with no issues on pure white paper. You may want to try the following from How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

If your Magic Mouse or Magic Mouse 2 isn’t tracking properly, there might be a hair or other debris on the sensor lens. Turn the mouse over and inspect the sensor window using a bright light. If you see debris, use compressed air to gently clean the sensor window.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2023 2:07 PM in response to Navy1972

Mine will scroll with no issues on pure white paper. You may want to try the following from How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

If your Magic Mouse or Magic Mouse 2 isn’t tracking properly, there might be a hair or other debris on the sensor lens. Turn the mouse over and inspect the sensor window using a bright light. If you see debris, use compressed air to gently clean the sensor window.

Magic Mouse will not scroll on light surfaces.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.