Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos App on MacBook Does Not Fully Sync With iCloud/iPhone Photos

I just purchased a new M2 MB and notice that the Photos app only is showing around 1800 photos, but both my iPhone and iCloud are showing nearly 6000 photos. I can manually search for photos on the iPhone and they do not appear on the MB.

I can confirm that the phone and the M2 are on the same iCloud account. The M2 MB has been plugged in, turned on, and running Photos in the background for several days, so I can't see how it is still syncing, and I can confirm that nothing has changed in days since the initial sync.

Any thoughts?

MacBook Air, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2023 10:53 AM

I took a look at If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app - Apple Support and enabled iCloud Photos (duh!). I am not sure why it was suddenly off, but that would be the obvious answer. I have left the MB for several hours and it now has the missing photos and is now starting to recognise the faces.

Similar questions

1 reply

Photos App on MacBook Does Not Fully Sync With iCloud/iPhone Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.