Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mac gives a strange short notification sound every few minutes and i cant find out why

I know the subject topic was discussed and relpied, but i was not able to post my reply for it so decided to renew it as a new post. In short, the solusitons offered in the original post did not help in my case. Request for help, thanks

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 11:22 AM

alisher5555 wrote:

Sounds like shponk, or poink

newer macs make a sound when the charger is connected starting up or on the fly when running

ref: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc-_cA336vE

On Intel —Try resetting the  SMC  Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

On M1/M2—A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

mail delivery has an associated sound...(?)

Ref— ref: Change the alert sounds on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2023 11:22 AM in response to alisher5555

alisher5555 wrote:

Sounds like shponk, or poink

newer macs make a sound when the charger is connected starting up or on the fly when running

ref: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc-_cA336vE

On Intel —Try resetting the  SMC  Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

On M1/M2—A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

mail delivery has an associated sound...(?)

Ref— ref: Change the alert sounds on Mac - Apple Support

Feb 12, 2023 10:48 AM in response to alisher5555

alisher5555 wrote:

my mac gives a strange short notification sound every few minutes and i cant find out why

I know the subject topic was discussed and relpied, but i was not able to post my reply for it so decided to renew it as a new post. In short, the solusitons offered in the original post did not help in my case. Request for help, thank

I see now "sound"...

You will have to say more— what are you doing?

what does it sound like?

ref: Change the alert sounds on Mac - Apple Support

Feb 12, 2023 8:48 PM in response to alisher5555

alisher5555 wrote:

I think I know where the problem lies: i changed the setup the wasy it sounds the noification for VIP emails only and it makes more sense to me now as it was sounding the alarm for all new messages as the notificatoins was set to Inbox only,

i will post an update if it did not work

I would post an update if it did work..to appropriately close out this thread.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.