Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone not working on iPhone 7

This happened just a few hours ago, but the microphone on my iPhone has stopped working. Whenever I take a video, there is no audio and the mute volume button (beside the play button) is greyed out and I can't press it. When I call someone they can't hear me, and the speaker button is greyed out. When I put headphones in, nothing happens and any music or anything I play just comes out of the speaker. I also can't record voice memos or send voice messages, whenever I press the record button nothing happens. My problem is similar to this one: iPhone 7 + no microphone during calls or … - Apple Community, besides the software part. I talked to Apple support and we tried different methods (including updating my phone), which didn't work. They suggested I bring the phone in so they can look at it. I just wanted to see if anyone had the same problem, and how they fixed it before I take it to the Apple Store.

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 4:11 PM

Hello ~ If you have already clicked on and reviewed this link..

If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working - Apple Support

Also you have spoken with Apple most likely you need to go ahead and take your iPhone in for a checkup…

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Good luck.

~Katana-San~

1 reply

Microphone not working on iPhone 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.