Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot view / load 2017 purchased movie

I purchased a movie in 2017 via iTunes. Today I can see all movies on TV app except for The Accountant purchased on 2017. Here is the purchase history view in iTunes:

I have found the order in purchase history as you can see and also in TV app under purchase history. I also still have a copy on my iPhone. But I cannot play it on my MacBook Pro in the TV app. It simply does not show in the library under movies and I do not see where I can re-download it. Synching iPhone with Mac only results in the copy on the iPhone to the wiped out.

How can I get my 2017 purchased The Account movie back on my Mac?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 10:28 AM

Hi rhand,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're unable to see a purchased movie on your Mac.

Was the movie hidden? If so, are you able to unhide it and play it? This article will show you how to unhide movies: Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

1. "Open the Apple Music app or the Apple TV app.
  2. In the menu bar at the top of your computer, choose Account > Account Settings.
  3. If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID.
  4. On the page that appears, scroll to the Downloads and Purchases section. Next to Hidden Purchases, click Manage.

5. Under the item, click Unhide."

If you need additional assistance in obtaining the movie you've purchased, you may consider contacting Apple directly as they can review your account details with you. You can reach them here: Contact Apple Support 

Take care!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2023 10:28 AM in response to rhand

Hi rhand,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're unable to see a purchased movie on your Mac.

Was the movie hidden? If so, are you able to unhide it and play it? This article will show you how to unhide movies: Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

1. "Open the Apple Music app or the Apple TV app.
  2. In the menu bar at the top of your computer, choose Account > Account Settings.
  3. If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID.
  4. On the page that appears, scroll to the Downloads and Purchases section. Next to Hidden Purchases, click Manage.

5. Under the item, click Unhide."

If you need additional assistance in obtaining the movie you've purchased, you may consider contacting Apple directly as they can review your account details with you. You can reach them here: Contact Apple Support 

Take care!

Cannot view / load 2017 purchased movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.