Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirDroid app. transfers files to a location that is not findable using Finder.

Having transferred photos they are listed in the App. and clicking on an Icon shows their precise location on the device; abbreviated its SSD/Myfolders/Library - then about another four sub folders. When looking in Finder there is no "Library" after "Myfolders." Maybe the App. has somehow got the location wrong but it seems to open up Finder and it is as they indicate so it looks like parallel File management systems. This is one of the more bizarre things I've seen with computers; presumably there is some arcane detail I'm unaware of?

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 5:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 9:54 PM

I changed the nominated receipt area to "Downloads" and they have not only been going there but when Finder is opened its simple to find Downloads and the files are there (not perhaps in some parallel folder with that name in some unknown location). I would have liked to find out how the original issue occurred but can't be bothered pursuing it.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2023 9:54 PM in response to Barney-15E

I changed the nominated receipt area to "Downloads" and they have not only been going there but when Finder is opened its simple to find Downloads and the files are there (not perhaps in some parallel folder with that name in some unknown location). I would have liked to find out how the original issue occurred but can't be bothered pursuing it.

Feb 26, 2023 7:50 PM in response to desm1

Every operating system has a way to hide things.

Do you mean on the device or on your Mac?

but it seems to open up Finder and it is as they indicate so it looks like parallel File management systems. This is one of the more bizarre things I've seen with computers; presumably there is some arcane detail I'm unaware of?

Don’t go poking around too deeply in macOS. If hidden folders and multiple mount points are disconcerting, you’ll really hate the way macOS merges the split file system to appear as one.

AirDroid app. transfers files to a location that is not findable using Finder.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.