Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I pay with an Apple gift card instead of my credit card?

Hi my credit card got hacked and I’m waiting to get my new one I got 50 there from a Apple Card but my payments won’t come off it and it won’t let me remove my old card because it’s saying I needs 1 type of payment but it got 50 there

how can I pay with a Apple Card instead of my credit card. My card that is in file was hacked and it won’t let me remove it even though I got a 50 card put on today

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 2:29 PM

Primsmith Said:

"how can I pay with a Apple Card instead of my credit card. My card that is in file was hacked and it won’t let me remove it even though I got a 50 card put on today"

-------

Troubleshooting Methods of Payment:

Start Here: If you Need to Change or Update your Apple ID Payment Method - Apple Support

No Success?...

For Financial Assistance, Contact Apple Store Support:

You need to contact Apple Support Directly. This is a User-to-User forum. We are all volunteers. So, as you may suspect, no one here has access to that information — and that is a good thing, BTW. That’s why for Financial Assistance, you need to contact Apple Support. They’ll see what’s going on and will run you through the fix.

Apple Contact Us Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2023 2:29 PM in response to Primsmith

Primsmith Said:

"how can I pay with a Apple Card instead of my credit card. My card that is in file was hacked and it won’t let me remove it even though I got a 50 card put on today"

-------

Troubleshooting Methods of Payment:

Start Here: If you Need to Change or Update your Apple ID Payment Method - Apple Support

No Success?...

For Financial Assistance, Contact Apple Store Support:

You need to contact Apple Support Directly. This is a User-to-User forum. We are all volunteers. So, as you may suspect, no one here has access to that information — and that is a good thing, BTW. That’s why for Financial Assistance, you need to contact Apple Support. They’ll see what’s going on and will run you through the fix.

Apple Contact Us Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Feb 25, 2023 2:35 PM in response to Primsmith

it won’t let me remove my old card

See -> Remove a payment method from your Apple ID -> Remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

⤵️

If you can't remove a payment method

If you have subscriptions like iCloud+, have an unpaid balance, or you use purchase sharing, you must keep at least one payment method on file.

even though I got a 50 card put on today

You are talking about Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card?

If so see -> What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

⤵️

Apple Gift Card and Apple Account balance can't be used for some purchases

• You can't use your Apple Account balance to send gifts or gift cards.
  • If you use Family Sharing, your family members can't spend your Apple Account balance. Funds that you add to your Apple Account balance are only available to you. Find out more about how purchases are billed to your Apple Account balance.

Learn more

---

See: How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card – Apple Support (UK)

When redeeming a gift card, (1) the amount will be credited to your Apple Account balance and (2) then you need to set your Apple Account balance as your default payment.

(1) See -> Check your Apple Account balance -> Check your Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

(2) See -> Add a payment method to your Apple ID -> Add a payment method to your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

If you already use your Apple Account balance, the Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card is automatically added to your Apple Account balance.

If you update your payment method or add funds to your Apple Account balance, It would take about 1 to 3 business days in order to process.

If you're still unable to update your payment method, Contact Apple Support.

If you still need help, get more help and assistant from Apple directly, see Contact Apple for support and service -> Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support (UK) 

How can I pay with an Apple gift card instead of my credit card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.