Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Acessing files on icloud

I had to replace on Thursday the operating system on my Mac. I was able to transfer everything (including photos) to the new Monterey operating system except my old files. But I cannot work out how to access the 505 MB of files listed on my iCloud storage (5GB) and transfer them to the operating system. The drop-down function on the iCloud Drive does not include any method for retrieving the files. My Mac is linked to my iPad and iPhone.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 4:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 9:18 AM

Hi AJBMC,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you're not able to add files from iCloud Drive to your computer that you just completed a reinstall on. If you are signed in to your iCloud account in Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Apple ID, but unable to download the files in Finder, you can download files from iCloud.com.

In iCloud Drive on iCloud.com, select the files you want to download, then click the Download button in the iCloud Drive toolbar.
The files are downloaded to the location specified in your web browser’s settings.

You can find these steps in Upload and download files from iCloud Drive on iCloud.com - Apple Support.

Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2023 9:18 AM in response to AJBMC

Hi AJBMC,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you're not able to add files from iCloud Drive to your computer that you just completed a reinstall on. If you are signed in to your iCloud account in Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Apple ID, but unable to download the files in Finder, you can download files from iCloud.com.

In iCloud Drive on iCloud.com, select the files you want to download, then click the Download button in the iCloud Drive toolbar.
The files are downloaded to the location specified in your web browser’s settings.

You can find these steps in Upload and download files from iCloud Drive on iCloud.com - Apple Support.

Regards.

Acessing files on icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.