Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi calling

I have poor mobile coverage where I live. It used to be fine as we had Vodafone Suresignal but Vodafone have done away with it saying that Wi-Fi calling has taken over. Recently on my iPhone XS I am having problems. When the phone is lying idle it shows up Wi-Fi calling but when I lift it it disappears. We are not having this problem on any other iPhone in the house (different models). I have been on to Vodafone several times and reset network settings, and did everything they say but to no avail. It only seems to have happened since the most recent software update.

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 9:29 AM

Try these steps:

If Wi-Fi Calling isn't working

If you can't turn on or use Wi-Fi Calling, make sure that your carrier offers Wi-Fi Calling and that your devices have the latest software. Then, follow these steps if you can't turn on Wi-Fi Calling or make a Wi-Fi call. Wait two minutes before you go from one step to the next.

Go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling and make sure that Wi-Fi Calling is on.

Restart your iPhone.

Connect to a different Wi-Fi network. Not all Wi-Fi networks work with Wi-Fi Calling.

Turn Wi-Fi Calling off and then on again.

Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset.

Tap Reset Network Settings.

Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2023 9:29 AM in response to DUNOWEN

Try these steps:

If Wi-Fi Calling isn't working

If you can't turn on or use Wi-Fi Calling, make sure that your carrier offers Wi-Fi Calling and that your devices have the latest software. Then, follow these steps if you can't turn on Wi-Fi Calling or make a Wi-Fi call. Wait two minutes before you go from one step to the next.

Go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling and make sure that Wi-Fi Calling is on.

Restart your iPhone.

Connect to a different Wi-Fi network. Not all Wi-Fi networks work with Wi-Fi Calling.

Turn Wi-Fi Calling off and then on again.

Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset.

Tap Reset Network Settings.

Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling - Apple Support

Wi-Fi calling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.