Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone have new info from Apple regarding the screen on the MacBook Pro 15”?

March 8th 2023

Can anyone say or heard if Apple has made any statements regarding the screen defect affecting the MacBook Pro 17 15”?

My screen started to go black if I opened the laptop more then 35% last year in September. Took it to Apple, they showed me what was going on (or should I say, not going on). The tech told me what it would cost to repair the screen and I almost paid for it but remembered new MacBooks were due out at anytime.

Put the money to a new one, right?

Yeah, sure,

I’ll do that, until I got home and started reading, learning about this defect the world is acknowledging because MacBook Pro 15” are going black at same age. Everyone can see it’s a problem except for Apple.

I guess by providing Care Contract to the MacBook 13”, fixing the same issue real fast, then acting like you never manufactured a 15”. And Apple, I use “acting” loosely because you’re not that good.

It smells of bad business due to a lack of integrity most likely started at the top but probably infects everyone that works there. I feel that tech in September knew this defect was in play and acted like it was new to him. He stinks to me too, in fact unless Apple does good by their most loyal customers every person that works for Apple lacks integrity and is ripe to me.

Apple if you’re reading this, everyone makes mistakes, it’s how we deal with them, owning up to them that will decide if you get to leave your integrity in this ditch.

Do right by your customers cause all you’ll have is ego when we step away from you.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 8, 2023 10:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 12:55 AM

Sory to hear that, You're better off voicing your concerns directly to Apple. Product Feedback - Apple.

No one here is working for Apple, we're users like you.

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 9, 2023 10:33 AM in response to lawrenceSF1

<< learning about this defect the world is acknowledging because MacBook Pro 15” are going black at same age. Everyone can see it’s a problem except for Apple. >>

Apple does not accept that this is a widespread flaw that rises to the level of a manufacturing defect.

Electro-mechanical devices fail at random, arbitrary, and capricious times.

The most frequent reason for most failures is 'just because'.

Your specific failure is most likely caused by an advanced scientific principle called ...

... 'bad luck'.

--------

If you want a really substantial lesson how this this works (or more precisely how this stops working) own an older used automobile.

Does anyone have new info from Apple regarding the screen on the MacBook Pro 15”?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.