Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't access my notes

I recently upgraded to the iPhone 14 and I cannot access my notes. When I click on the app it’s frozen and there is a folder flashing on the bottom left corner. When I tap on it it shows iCloud and on my phone but it won’t let me select one. Thank you in advance for your help with this issue.

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 5:08 PM

9 replies

Mar 11, 2023 6:00 PM in response to shellie114

shellie114 Said:

"I don’t have my old phone. It was wiped clean after I transferred my data to the new phone."

-------

Troubleshooting Deleted Notes:

A. Some Links:

B. iCloud Settings:

Look in iCloud settings in each device, and make sure that Notes is clicked. If it is, then unclick it, and then click it again. See if is then accible.

C. Hiding Notes:

Hiding notes is not an option of the iOS (nor the macOS, for that mater).

Mar 11, 2023 6:05 PM in response to shellie114

shellie114 Said:

Hi, thank you I went to the settings and everything is green and I’m not able to access my notes. The folder on the bottom left is still flashing."

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

A. Reenable Notes:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Notes (so that it is greyed-out)
  5. Tap: Notes (so that it is green)

No success?...

B. New iCloud Sessions:

Log out of iCloud on ALL of your devices. Then, log back in, one at a time, enabling Notes as you do so. Perhaps it all needs to resync?

Mar 11, 2023 6:00 PM in response to shellie114

shellie114 Said:

Hi, thank you I went to the settings and everything is green and I’m not able to access my notes. The folder on the bottom left is still flashing.

———-

You are welcome,

Provide Images:

Can you reply back with a photo of your iPhone’s screen? Or a screenshot, if that shows this screen? Take a screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support. IMPORTANT: Leave out personal info (i.e. names) but covering it with red rectangles and such through use of the Photos app.

Mar 11, 2023 5:12 PM in response to shellie114

shellie114 Said:

"I can't access my notes: I recently upgraded to the iPhone 14 and I cannot access my notes. When I click on the app it’s frozen and there is a folder flashing on the bottom left corner. When I tap on it it shows iCloud and on my phone but it won’t let me select one. Thank you in advance for your help with this issue."

-------

Still have the old iPhone?

Transferring Notes Between Phones:

Enable Notes in iCloud on your old iPhone and on your new iPhone. Once enabled, then they should popup in Notes. So, Perform the following in the order provided:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Notes (so that it is green)

I can't access my notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.