Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete e-mail account on ONE device without deleting it across the keychain

With the updates in Exchange, and a mandatory password change, I am not able to access one of my accounts on my laptop (Macbook Pro, Monterey 12.2.1). And I am unable to set it up on my iPhone 12 (iOS 16.3.1). But it's fine on my MacStudio.

I can inactivate the account, but when I go to delete it, it asks me "Do you want to remove the Exchange account "name" from all your computers using iCloud Keychain?" and the only options are Remove from All or Cancel.

I clearly do not want to remove it from all of my devices, and I don't see a way to either fix the access issue (and I've seen lots of queries about it, none of which have pertinent answers to this or, quite frankly, to how to get access properly setup) or to do a selective removal from one device.

Thoughts? Solutions for how to make Exchange talk to Mail again?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 2:12 PM

Hello Christine Doyle,

If you have the iCloud Keychain turned on and it is preventing you from removing an account in the Mail app, turn it off. You can do this by going to System Settings > name at the top > iCloud > Password & Keychain.

Once it's off go back into the Mail application, select Mail > Settings > Accounts and remove the account.

Once it's removed go back to System Settings > name at the top > iCloud > Password & Keychain, and turn the iCloud Keychain back on.

Log out of or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2023 2:12 PM in response to Christine Doyle

Hello Christine Doyle,

If you have the iCloud Keychain turned on and it is preventing you from removing an account in the Mail app, turn it off. You can do this by going to System Settings > name at the top > iCloud > Password & Keychain.

Once it's off go back into the Mail application, select Mail > Settings > Accounts and remove the account.

Once it's removed go back to System Settings > name at the top > iCloud > Password & Keychain, and turn the iCloud Keychain back on.

Log out of or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Cheers!

Delete e-mail account on ONE device without deleting it across the keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.