Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updating cloud music library ... for 20 hours now...

Looks like many people are having the same issue and no one has resolved this:

I wanted to sync the music I bought on iTunes on my iPhone to my MacBook.

So I pad the $25 for "iTunes Match" and have now been waiting for 20 hours: no song is coming up my MacBook.

And "Music" still says"updating cloud music library"; it has been 20 hours now.

One question: on my iPhone, settings/Music/ Sync Library is gray - when I turn to green, the message says ""turn on Sync Library:iTunes Match will REPLACE the music on this device". That seems to be the opposite of my goal where I want music from my iPhone to transfer to my Macbook.

Any advice please?

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 12:50 PM

Hi,

For iTunes Match to function, the music needs to be on your computer. Matched scans you library on your computer to determine what tracks can be matched or needs to be uploaded. Once scan is completed your music will be available across your devices Subscribe to iTunes Match – Apple Support (UK).

For iTunes purchases, see Redownload music - Apple Support

Jim

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2023 12:50 PM in response to marie-laure_C

Hi,

For iTunes Match to function, the music needs to be on your computer. Matched scans you library on your computer to determine what tracks can be matched or needs to be uploaded. Once scan is completed your music will be available across your devices Subscribe to iTunes Match – Apple Support (UK).

For iTunes purchases, see Redownload music - Apple Support

Jim

Mar 24, 2023 11:32 AM in response to marie-laure_C

Apple Music allows the contents of a computer or iOS device to be matched or uploaded, so that it can then transfer to a computer or other iOS device. iTunes Match only offers this feature for computers. Once the content has is in the cloud both services can sync changes to playlists and ratings in either direction.

See also Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community.

tt2

updating cloud music library ... for 20 hours now...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.