Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TouchID not available after upgrade

I’ve just upgraded the iOS on my iMac to Ventura 13.2.1 and now Touch ID is unavailable. The option to log in with a fingerprint no longer appears on the lockscreen, just the password option appears. When I go to the settings, all the buttons are greyed out so they can’t be turned on but it looks like my fingerprints are still stored. I can’t find the padlock that used to be on each settings screen that had to be clicked in order to make changes. I am signed in to my Apple ID. I upgraded my work MacBook Pro at the same time and it is working fine. I have restarted the iMac but the problem remains.

iMac 24″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 1:55 PM

Predicated on the User Profile iMac 24″, macOS 13.2 and is using the OEM Apple Touch ID enabled Apple Keyboard

1 - Turn off the keyboard and pause and then turn it back ON.

Does it work now ?

2 - If not, cable the keyboard to the computer using the OEM cable that came with the keyboard. Make sure the KB is turned ON

Does it function as expected

If still not working contact Apple as per below

Get Support Choose a product and we’ll find you the best solution.Start now and open an Apple Support Ticket as they are Apple Employees to deal will these types of issues .

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2023 1:55 PM in response to magstar00

Predicated on the User Profile iMac 24″, macOS 13.2 and is using the OEM Apple Touch ID enabled Apple Keyboard

1 - Turn off the keyboard and pause and then turn it back ON.

Does it work now ?

2 - If not, cable the keyboard to the computer using the OEM cable that came with the keyboard. Make sure the KB is turned ON

Does it function as expected

If still not working contact Apple as per below

Get Support Choose a product and we’ll find you the best solution.Start now and open an Apple Support Ticket as they are Apple Employees to deal will these types of issues .

TouchID not available after upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.