Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why are some downloaded songs duplicated on my ipod?

Hi

I have an ipod touch and a Mac. Most of my music was transferred from CD but I have some albums that I have bought via the iTunes Store and downloaded directly on the ipod.

When I synced my ipod to the Mac it copied some of these downloaded tracks to the ipod again, so I get one album with two of each track on it. There is no duplicate in the Music app on the Mac, and if I untick the album in Music it removes just one copy. It never used to do this, and why is it only happening with some of the albums I have bought, not all of them?

Thanks

iPod

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 3:56 PM

If you are signed into your Apple ID on an iPod touch it should show all of your unhidden purchases as links to the store that can be streamed or downloaded. If the same tracks are synced from a local library the store links should be suppressed, but on occasion the this doesn't happen. Signing out of the iTunes Store on the device, then signing in again, usually resolves these. If not you can hide the relevant purchases from your purchase history to stop them showing up as duplicates on the device. See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2023 3:56 PM in response to ThomasJNewton

If you are signed into your Apple ID on an iPod touch it should show all of your unhidden purchases as links to the store that can be streamed or downloaded. If the same tracks are synced from a local library the store links should be suppressed, but on occasion the this doesn't happen. Signing out of the iTunes Store on the device, then signing in again, usually resolves these. If not you can hide the relevant purchases from your purchase history to stop them showing up as duplicates on the device. See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support.

tt2

why are some downloaded songs duplicated on my ipod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.