Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to erase an iCloud account from an iPad 2?

I want to erase an icloud account from an ipad 2, reason cos my brother in-law couldn't remember his password and even password to the icloud id used .

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 1:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 1:37 AM

You can do a restore of the iPad, this will remove the iPad's Passcode, which you use to unlock the Lock Screen, but after it has been restored, you will be asked for the password for the associated Apple ID. It will be Activation Locked and without the code it cannot be opened.

If Find My iPad has not been activated, you will be able to restore it, start it up, and use it as normal. Start by restoring the iPad to the factory settings, via the first link below. If the iPad is Activation Locked, check link number 2.

You can see how to do a restore if you have forgotten the passcode:

How to erase an iCloud account from an iP… - Apple Community

You can read how to remove Activation Lock here:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2023 1:37 AM in response to ayokunnu12

You can do a restore of the iPad, this will remove the iPad's Passcode, which you use to unlock the Lock Screen, but after it has been restored, you will be asked for the password for the associated Apple ID. It will be Activation Locked and without the code it cannot be opened.

If Find My iPad has not been activated, you will be able to restore it, start it up, and use it as normal. Start by restoring the iPad to the factory settings, via the first link below. If the iPad is Activation Locked, check link number 2.

You can see how to do a restore if you have forgotten the passcode:

How to erase an iCloud account from an iP… - Apple Community

You can read how to remove Activation Lock here:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

How to erase an iCloud account from an iPad 2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.