Ventura Mail signatures disappear!

I create macOS Mail app signatures, and they work for the moment. When I quit and return to the Mail app, My email signatures are no longer available as an option. How do I get the signature option to remain?

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 12:16 PM

14 replies

Apr 2, 2023 9:29 AM in response to manuelsusarret

Hi manuelsusarret,

If you haven't done so yet, make sure your Mac is running the latest version of macOS Ventura. Updates often include fixes that can improve overall performance. If there's an update available, it's a good idea to make sure you have a backup before installing it: Update macOS on Mac.

Use Software Update
Before following these steps, it's a good idea to back up your Mac.

1. From the Apple menu  in the corner of your screen, choose System Settings or System Preferences.
• If you chose System Settings, click General on the left side of the window. Then click Software Update on the right.
• If you chose System Preferences, click Software Update in the window.

2. Software Update then checks for new software. 
• If Software Update finds new software, click the button to install it. The button might be named Update Now, Upgrade Now, Install Now, or Restart Now, for example. You might then be asked to enter your administrator password.
• If Software Update says that your Mac is up to date, then no new software is currently available for your Mac model. Software Update shows only software that is compatible with your Mac.

If your Mac is already updated, or if you need more help after updating, reach out to Apple Support directly so they can look into this with you further. They can be contacted here: Contact Apple Support or by calling the most applicable phone number from this list: Contact Apple for support and service.

Regards.

Apr 28, 2023 12:04 PM in response to manuelsusarret

I was having the same issue and just got done with Apple Support. They suggested the following, which worked for me:

1. Quit Mail
  2. Turn off iCloud for Mail (go to System Settings —> (your name) —> iCloud —> iCloud Drive —> Options —> (uncheck the Mail).
  3. Launch the Mail app.
  4. Create signatures as you want them, assign them to accounts, etc.
  5. Quit Mail
  6. Turn on iCloud for Mail (go to System Settings —> (your name) —> iCloud —> iCloud Drive —> Options —> (check the Mail).
  7. Launch the Mail app and all signatures will be there.

On my system it doesn't "fix" the signature issue, as any new signatures that I add are still deleted when I quit Mail. But, the workaround of turning off iCloud in order to edit signatures appears to work.

Ventura Mail signatures disappear!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.