Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dictation Duplicate Text

Only in Safari on my Mac does dictation duplicate text. It is extremely frustrating. It does not happen in chrome, it does not happen an edge, and I would prefer to keep my workflow is safari, but unfortunately because of this issue I have to have two browsers open in order just to do my email dictation.

I've seen multiple threads on this spanning there year, including one in the fall of 2022, but no solution.

Does anyone have an answer to this other than turning off and turning on, which is the most obvious thing anyone would do, but of course it doesn't work.

Thank you!

MacBook Air, macOS 13.3

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 9:02 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 2, 2023 4:38 PM in response to winningattitudes

Hello, winningattitudes,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities, it's great to have you here. We want to help make sure that Dictation is working flawlessly for you.

It looks like you indicated that you are running the latest version of macOS Ventura, is that correct? If you're not sure, go ahead and see if you have any updates available and install those by following the steps here: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support. Updating can resolve many unexpected issues so it's always a good idea to try that first.

If the issue continues to occur, however, we want to recommend that you check to see if you have any third-party dictation apps installed. If you do, go ahead and remove those apps temporarily and see if it helps resolve the duplication issue you're experiencing. It could be a conflict between those apps and the built-in Dictation features, which is why we recommend checking into that. Likewise, if you have any audio recording hardware connected to your Mac, see if you can disconnect that temporarily and test the issue again. The goal here would be to try and isolate the root cause of the issue.

Finally, if the issue continues to occur then it wouldn't be a bad idea to reach out to Apple directly. This would let you work one on one with an AppleCare Advisor who would be glad to assist you further. Here is where to start: Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

We hope that this information is helpful.

​Have a great day!

Dictation Duplicate Text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.