Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not displaying chronologically

I imported some photos from a DSLR into Photos with the incorrect time on the camera. I used the "Adjust Date and Time" function in Photos to adjust the time and when I look at the "Info" for each of these photos I see that the date and time are now correct. However, when I look at the images in the "Library" album and in the album of the trip that I created, with "View" sorted by date, I see that the images are not displayed in their correct chronological order. The images from the DSLR are displayed in the order of the original, but incorrect, time and date. This is very concerning because I do a lot of slide and old image scanning and it is necessary to change the dates to something approximating when they were taken and not when they were scanned or imported. This was very easy to accomplish with iPhoto as a change in the date and time using iPhoto was recognized for display in all possible views. What I am I missing? What do I need to do to get Photos to recognize the dates that I have changed in the images?

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 8:18 AM

Have the photos been taken in a different timezone from where you imported them? Then Photos may have assigned a different timezone than you may be expecting.

Open one of the photos that is sorted incorrectly and open again "Adjust Date and Time". Check the timezone strip and closest city. If the timezone is not correct, select all photos with an incorrect time zone together and correct the timezone as well. When you change the timezone, Photos will shift the time by the timezone offset. Colmpensate this by setting the time back, so only the timezone will be adjusted.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2023 8:18 AM in response to Tom Atwood1

Have the photos been taken in a different timezone from where you imported them? Then Photos may have assigned a different timezone than you may be expecting.

Open one of the photos that is sorted incorrectly and open again "Adjust Date and Time". Check the timezone strip and closest city. If the timezone is not correct, select all photos with an incorrect time zone together and correct the timezone as well. When you change the timezone, Photos will shift the time by the timezone offset. Colmpensate this by setting the time back, so only the timezone will be adjusted.

Photos not displaying chronologically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.