Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I control the volume of the alerts?

I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max

running version 16.3.1

I have "change with buttons" option turned on. and the volume bar is slide close to the edge on the left.

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 5:52 PM

If you want a certain volume on ringtones and notifications, then you must deactivate Change with Buttons. If Change with Buttons is activated, your ringtone/notification tone will change strength every time you turn up and down the volume buttons on the side of your iPhone.

Choose the desired strength for your ringtones in Settings Sounds & Haptics and disable Change with Buttons.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2023 5:52 PM in response to Noah Wallach

If you want a certain volume on ringtones and notifications, then you must deactivate Change with Buttons. If Change with Buttons is activated, your ringtone/notification tone will change strength every time you turn up and down the volume buttons on the side of your iPhone.

Choose the desired strength for your ringtones in Settings Sounds & Haptics and disable Change with Buttons.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.