WiFi Issues with iOS16.4.1 ?

Anyone experiences (like me) WiFi issues with iOS 16.4.1 which was supposed to fix the WiFi problems... dog running after it's tail... Any fix yet ?

Posted on Apr 12, 2023 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2023 8:07 PM

Fran-Siam Said:

"WiFi Issues with iOS16.4.1 ?: Anyone experiences (like me) WiFi issues with iOS 16.4.1 which was supposed to fix the WiFi problems... dog running after its tail... Any fix yet ?"

-------

Report this Bug to Apple:

Do your Part: These are user-to-user forums. Apple rarely reads these forums on their own time as it is. So, provide Apple with feedback on this.  Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more they hear of this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed.

To Provide Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all stated after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed form there as necessary
91 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2023 8:07 PM in response to Fran-Siam

Fran-Siam Said:

"WiFi Issues with iOS16.4.1 ?: Anyone experiences (like me) WiFi issues with iOS 16.4.1 which was supposed to fix the WiFi problems... dog running after its tail... Any fix yet ?"

-------

Report this Bug to Apple:

Do your Part: These are user-to-user forums. Apple rarely reads these forums on their own time as it is. So, provide Apple with feedback on this.  Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more they hear of this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed.

To Provide Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all stated after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed form there as necessary

Apr 12, 2023 8:07 PM in response to Fran-Siam

Fran-Siam Said:

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone WiFi:

Try the Following in the Order Provided:

A. Restarting the iPhone:

If any changes were made (i.e. Installed Apps), then Settings (i.e Wf-Fi), may have become manipulated technically. So, try restarting the iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

B. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference.

C. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

D. Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi Passwords, VPN Connections, etc)

2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]

As a Last Resort:

E. Restore form a Backup:

Have a backup of your iPhone? If you are not concerned with losing data, then restore your iPhone from a backup that was made when Wi-Fi was working. Prior to restoring, backup your iPhone, incase anything goes wrong with the restoration.

Apr 21, 2023 4:25 AM in response to Tinax24

Tinax24 Said:

Since I updated my IOS to 16 i cannot access my wifi and my fone keeps hanging and restarting. I did not have any issues prior to updating my IOS.[…]

———-

Getting Out of a Boot Loop:

Your iPhone is stuck in a boot loop. This typically happens when an update stalls.  So, refer to my User Tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - Apple Support

Apr 21, 2023 9:30 AM in response to mollymoonshine

mollymoonshine wrote: "76%"

molly ~ 76% is not healthy and is almost certainly the reason for your Wi-Fi dropping – as the weak battery cannot supply sufficient power to the iPhone's antenna to maintain a connection with Wi-Fi signals. Apple recommends replacing the battery at around 80%. So have the weak, aging battery replaced and all will (probably) be well:

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

About genuine iPhone batteries

Repair Provider Verification

(Articles found by searching Apple's Knowledge Base.)

õ¿õ¬

Apr 20, 2023 11:40 AM in response to Fran-Siam

An Apple customer service rep. helped me through this.

Try force restarting your iPhone.

You can force restart using the following sequence of actions:

1. Pressing and releasing the Volume Up button quickly
  2. Pressing and releasing the Volume Down button quickly
  3. Pressing and holding the Side button until the Apple Logo pops up

This has different results from a regular restart (via settings or pressing and holding the Side button and a volume button until you are prompted to swipe for a shut down).

Apr 21, 2023 5:57 AM in response to Fran-Siam

upgraded ios to 16.4.1 instantly wifi starts dropping. then the upper right icon has entirely gone away. in the settings -->wifi --> it displays connected but again no wifi icon in the upper right, rather LTE

here's what has been done to no avail.

1. toggle btwn airplane mode on/off
  2. forget network & reconnect
  3. power down phone entirely wait a few mins power up
  4. reset network connections
  5. reset router

some stats:

iphone 11 pro

battery fully charged

fellow iphone 13 on same network with ios not upgraded works fine

Apr 21, 2023 8:11 AM in response to mollymoonshine

mollymoonshine wrote: "battery is fine. 100%"

molly ~ An iPhone 11 Pro battery is unlikely to have a Maximum Capacity of 100% – unless it's been recently replaced. So, again, does your iPhone 11 Pro still have its original battery?

And to be clearer, this icon is the Settings app:

...Tap it to open Settings app. Then scroll down to Battery and tap it. Then tap Battery Health & Charging and tell us what the Maximum Capacity % is. If its value is only "––", let us know that.

õ¿õ¬

WiFi Issues with iOS16.4.1 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.