Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Apple going to always use third party returns?

I can’t imagine why Apple would continue with this third party return program. After reading so many comments here and elsewhere, this return program is bringing down the quality of Apple. Like so many others, I sent in an used iPhone in good condition, was given certain amount for a trade in. After waiting an unusually long time for a return kit; it came with a bad return label. I waited another week for a second return kit. I asked I I could return the phone to the Apple Store. I was told repeatedly that wasn’t possible. The iphone was finally sent, only to to receive an email weeks later stating the trade in amount was reduced. The phone was in very good condition when sent but, was told it had burn in marks, streaks and discoloration on the display. I took pictures as advised. If something happened on the way, it’s the mail carrier or the third party handling of this iPhone. I asked for my iPhone to be returned. If it has this damage, I am contacting any agency that will take my report. We are thinking of returning the newly purchased iPhone. This feels like a scam. After reading some of the other Apple customers’ posts, I see it is definitely scam or a bad business practice at the very least. I have had diminished confidence in Apple after the company high level changes. Add to it the new invasive software updates and the third party returns, my confidence in Apple is really low. I hope my iPhone is returned in the condition I sent - no burn ins, streaks or discoloration. I could sell privately or donate. I hope they didn’t replace the parts with crapped up materials and then send it back to me. How could I even prove that? Can’t.

So, completely disappointed in Apple. What fresh ****, Apple?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 7:56 AM

it's a user helping other users with tech questions, not a good way to get their eat try

Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

2 replies

Is Apple going to always use third party returns?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.