Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VIP mail box contains emails from non VIP senders - Ventura and Mail 16

Hello everyone,

i have a little trouble with the VIP Mailbox.

It now contains just about every email from any sender that is not a VIP. Not junk mail, but just normal mail. These emails don't show the vip star when opened.

Anybody else has this issue? Maybe it's a problem that will be fixed in an update?

I use Mail 16.0 under Ventura 13.3.1

I would love to be able to manage the VIPs in some sort of list, but I don't think that this was ever possible. I always had to click next to the sender's address in an email to ut them in and out of the vip box.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 2:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 2:51 AM

Oh, I may just have solved part of the mystery. It appears my vips had disappeared. I don't know why and I have to rebuild them.

When I re-clicked and created a vip, boom, all normal emails left the vip box. And only this vip's email most recent email appeared. The email I used to give him back his vip status.

Not former emails, which I have to search outside the vip box.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2023 2:51 AM in response to cloulaisse

Oh, I may just have solved part of the mystery. It appears my vips had disappeared. I don't know why and I have to rebuild them.

When I re-clicked and created a vip, boom, all normal emails left the vip box. And only this vip's email most recent email appeared. The email I used to give him back his vip status.

Not former emails, which I have to search outside the vip box.

VIP mail box contains emails from non VIP senders - Ventura and Mail 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.