Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

setup homepod2 after deleting from home app

My HomePod 2s stopped working. I tried many steps to reconnect, following many difference sources of advice on the net. None worked. I deleted the pods from my home app to try to reinstall. I am running iOS 16.4 on my iPhone, bluetooth is on. Before I deleted the pods from Home, they showed iOS 16.3.3.

I unplugged the HomePods. After I waiting some minutes and replugged them, no lights or chimes occurred. When I hold my finger in the middle of the volume surface nothing happens. When I press the +, Siri tells me that she is having trouble connecting to the internet.

Thanks

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 8:29 AM

From Reset HomePod or HomePod mini - Apple Support:

Reset HomePod or HomePod mini

1. Unplug HomePod or unplug the power adapter for HomePod mini. Wait 10 seconds, then plug HomePod back in.
  2. Wait 10 seconds, then touch your finger on the top of HomePod and hold it there.
  3. The white spinning light will turn red. Keep your finger down. 
  4. Siri will say that your HomePod is about to reset. When you hear three beeps, you can lift your finger.

tt2

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2023 8:29 AM in response to kopckerw

From Reset HomePod or HomePod mini - Apple Support:

Reset HomePod or HomePod mini

1. Unplug HomePod or unplug the power adapter for HomePod mini. Wait 10 seconds, then plug HomePod back in.
  2. Wait 10 seconds, then touch your finger on the top of HomePod and hold it there.
  3. The white spinning light will turn red. Keep your finger down. 
  4. Siri will say that your HomePod is about to reset. When you hear three beeps, you can lift your finger.

tt2

setup homepod2 after deleting from home app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.