Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

iPad Bugs

So recently I have been facing alot of bugs on my Air 5th Gen. At times I am unable to edit screenshot, unable to even take a screenshot. Even sometimes the pen starts to write on its own. Also the home bars at times disappears or doesn’t function properly. I have to restart the iPad to fix it. This is happening on ios16. Before that I never faced any of these issues. So need your sincere guidance

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 8:17 PM

Zyrox5 wrote:
How to diagnose it, and I just checked I only have 2 days until my warranty expires

You might file it right now. Where are you located (country)? If you submit your claim now you might be able to get a warrant replacement even if whatever appointment you get is after the warranty expires.

You might try this. They might be able to do a remote diagnostic over the internet fairly quickly. But if you're getting random operation it might be better to bring it in as soon as you can get an appointment.

iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2023 8:17 PM in response to Zyrox5

Zyrox5 wrote:
How to diagnose it, and I just checked I only have 2 days until my warranty expires

You might file it right now. Where are you located (country)? If you submit your claim now you might be able to get a warrant replacement even if whatever appointment you get is after the warranty expires.

You might try this. They might be able to do a remote diagnostic over the internet fairly quickly. But if you're getting random operation it might be better to bring it in as soon as you can get an appointment.

iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

Apr 16, 2023 8:39 PM in response to Zyrox5

Zyrox5 Said:

"iPad Bugs: So recently I have been facing alot of bugs on my Air 5th Gen. At times I am unable to edit screenshot, unable to even take a screenshot. Even sometimes the pen starts to write on its own. Also the home bars at times disappears or doesn’t function properly. I have to restart the iPad to fix it. This is happening on ios16. Before that I never faced any of these issues. So need your sincere guidance"

-------

Restore to Factory Settings:

To fix bugs, back up items in your iPad, and then restore your iPad to factory settings. Perform as instructed there, including the iCloud logout, and then backup creation. Go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Apr 16, 2023 8:45 PM in response to Zyrox5

Zyrox5 wrote:
Actually in my country Apple isn’t officially available, I’ll have to apply for warranty through third party Apple authorised service provider

That's fine, but you're going to need to prove that the defect was there before the warranty expired. But if you can get an appointment made before it expires, that might be enough to indicate that you saw a defect before that point.

iPad Bugs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.