Missing “Add a payment option” on Manage Payments on Itunes

The current card that is attached to the account is no longer valid so I cant "Update" it.

This is my personal account not part of a family plan.

so I need to "add" a new card for purchases, however there is no "Add Payment" option.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 7:28 AM

3 replies

Apr 18, 2023 10:43 AM in response to Raicya

Thank you for your quick response Raicya, but you obviously didn't read or understand my whole question. That link tells me in a perfect world how it should be done. As previously mentioned there is NO "Add Payment Method" option on the manage payment page. There is ONLY 'Update' existing card and 'Delete' existing card options, which it wont let you do because there always has to be a card on file.

So again my question is WHY isn't there an "Add Payment Method" option on the manage screen like it shows in your link? I need to get a valid payment method added to my account so I can spend money with Apple.

Apr 18, 2023 10:47 AM in response to OttoReinier

It is nearly the same, see -> Add a payment method to your Apple ID

Add a payment method to your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

• If you want to change your card, add first the new card, then remove the old one.
  • or if you use your Apple ID balance, set your Apple ID balance as your default payment.

You can have a credit card / debit card on file and an Apple Account balance.

If you have set your Apple Account balance as your default payment method, your default payment method will be used first by Apple when you need to make a payment.

Some purchases might require you to have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase.

Missing “Add a payment option” on Manage Payments on Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.