Support for Apple’s Stocks app

How do I submit a request for support for the Stocks app? When viewing it in the App Store, selecting “(?) App Support” opens a generic page, not one specific to the Stocks App.

My support request is a question on how to fix “Top Stories from Apple News.”

The top stories are OLD news, and completely useless. There has to be a way to filter the displayed articles to be current and relevant to stocks in my watch list. Here is a screen shot taken just now showing it is displaying news from 12 MONTHS AGO!

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 7:43 PM

Thanks for the reply.  Although it might be helpful in the future if I start subscribing to news, it didn’t appear to apply to the free news offered in the Stocks app.  When I posted the question I was trying to do something to correct that app displaying OLD news varying from weeks to months old. With apologies the screen shot I attempted to attach to that post came up blank. 

The good news is that some developer on the Stocks app team must have seen my post and fixed it immediately the next day without replying to me.  Now the news being displayed is remarkably accurate — 4 hours ago right now rather than the 4 days, weeks, or months ago that used to always display without value.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2023 7:43 PM in response to wkrasl

Thanks for the reply.  Although it might be helpful in the future if I start subscribing to news, it didn’t appear to apply to the free news offered in the Stocks app.  When I posted the question I was trying to do something to correct that app displaying OLD news varying from weeks to months old. With apologies the screen shot I attempted to attach to that post came up blank. 

The good news is that some developer on the Stocks app team must have seen my post and fixed it immediately the next day without replying to me.  Now the news being displayed is remarkably accurate — 4 hours ago right now rather than the 4 days, weeks, or months ago that used to always display without value.

Apr 22, 2023 2:54 PM in response to wkrasl

Hi there wkrasl,

If you are trying to adjust your Today feed more to your liking, following/unfollowing news channels and favoriting news channels can do this. These steps from Follow or unfollow channels and topics in Apple News show how to do this on your Mac:

Follow a news channel or topic
On your iPad, you can find the channels and topics that you follow in the sidebar under Channels & Topics. On your Mac, look in the sidebar under Following.

Follow a channel or topic on your iPad or Mac
Browse or search for a channel or topic in the sidebar. Tap or click the Follow button  next to the channel or topic that you want.

Favorite a news channel or topic
Add the channels and topics that you love to your Favorites.

Favorite a channel or topic on your Mac
In the sidebar, find the channel or topic that you want to add. Control-click the channel or topic, then click Add to Favorites.
You can find all of your Favorites in the sidebar on your Mac.

Once you've followed and favorited your preferred news channels, follow this next to only see these topics in your Today feed and topic feed:

Restrict Stories in Today on your Mac
From the menu bar choose News > Settings, then select "Restrict stories in Today."

You can also block certain channels and topics in Apple News in order to better curate your feeds. This shows how: Block and unblock channels and topics in Apple News

If you are trying to accomplish something else, please provide more details so that we can continue to assist.

Cheers!

Support for Apple’s Stocks app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.