Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Ios16.4.1 update no Wi-Fi or data connection

Hi after updating to iOS 16.4.1 my wifi and data connections keep dropping.

I reboot my phone and works for a short time then stops working again

wifi shows no internet connection when other devices work from woof no problem

any advise pls

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 3:02 AM

14 replies

Apr 24, 2023 3:03 PM in response to Dazzaharv

Hi Dazzaharv,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand that your Wi-Fi and cell data connections are not working. It sounds like you have no connection. You can address this with a few steps.

Restart your iPhone or iPad
Restart your device. If you're not sure how to do this, follow these steps to restart your iPhone or restart your iPad.

Check for a Carrier Settings update
To manually check for and install a carrier settings update:
1. Make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
2. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.
3. To see the version of carrier settings on your device, tap Settings > General > About and look next to Carrier.
If you insert a new SIM card into your iPhone or iPad, you need to download the carrier settings for your new carrier.

Turn your cellular line off and back on
Go to Settings > Cellular and check to see if your cellular line is turned on. If your cellular line is off, turn it back on. Then check to see if you have service.
If you don't see your cellular line in Settings > Cellular, you should set up an eSIM or insert a physical SIM card. If you're using a physical SIM card, remove the SIM card and put it back in.
If your SIM card is damaged, doesn't fit in the SIM tray, or you transferred your physical SIM card from another device, ask your carrier for a new SIM card. 
Learn more about removing your iPhone SIM card or iPad SIM card.

Reset your Network Settings
Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

You can find these steps and more in If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

Regards.

Apr 30, 2023 10:29 AM in response to Dazzaharv

Hi Dazzaharv,

You mentioned both Wi-Fi and cellular data are not working. In this case, since these internet connections come from two different sources, Wi-Fi router and cellular radio in your iPhone, it may be hardware related.

We'd advise to have your iPhone examined by a technician. This page has info about getting your iPhone serviced, including the options:

iPhone Repair & Service - Apple Support

Make sure to back up your iPhone before you have your iPhone serviced:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care!

May 2, 2023 2:40 AM in response to Dazzaharv

Well a new update today and instantly I find my Wi-Fi more reliable and dare I say slightly better than originally and my cell data is stable once again . Do I still need to take both my iPhones back to the shop for repair as per the suggestion that it is a hard ware issue . YOU HAD MY LOYALTY IN THE FACT I HAVE 2iphones My self my children have iPhones that’s five in my house WHEN DO WE GET YOUR LOYALTY and you start to be honest and up front taking back to the shop could have been costly who would have won YOU

Ios16.4.1 update no Wi-Fi or data connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.