My I phone 14 is frozen in spinning gear

iPhone 14 Plus

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2024 1:48 AM

That spinning gear thing can be super annoying, can't it? No worries, though, let's try to unfreeze your iPhone 14. First thing I’d suggest is giving your iPhone a quick nudge with a force restart. Here’s how you do it:

1. Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
  3. Then, press and hold the Side button. Keep holding it until the Apple logo pops up on the screen.

This usually does the trick for most hiccups. It's like telling your iPhone to chill out and start fresh without losing any of your stuff. If the spinning gear won’t give up after that, there might be a deeper issue, maybe with the software or something else.

See other methods: https://www.sysgeeker.com/blog/how-to-fix-iphone-is-frozen-in-spinning-gear.html

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2024 1:48 AM in response to Edol

That spinning gear thing can be super annoying, can't it? No worries, though, let's try to unfreeze your iPhone 14. First thing I’d suggest is giving your iPhone a quick nudge with a force restart. Here’s how you do it:

1. Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
  3. Then, press and hold the Side button. Keep holding it until the Apple logo pops up on the screen.

This usually does the trick for most hiccups. It's like telling your iPhone to chill out and start fresh without losing any of your stuff. If the spinning gear won’t give up after that, there might be a deeper issue, maybe with the software or something else.

See other methods: https://www.sysgeeker.com/blog/how-to-fix-iphone-is-frozen-in-spinning-gear.html

Apr 23, 2023 4:23 PM in response to Edol

Pleaser review the following guide published by Apple 👉 If your iOS or iPadOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly - Apple Support

OR

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

Apr 23, 2023 4:27 PM in response to Edol

Edol Said:

"My I phone 14 is frozen in spinning gear"

-------

Troubleshooting a Frozen iPhone:

Why the issue? There is no virus on it. System services are likely hung. So, what to try...

Start with a Restart:

Refer to this link: Force Restart iPhone - Apple Support

No Success?

Refer the the following for troubleshooting techniques.

Mar 6, 2024 2:25 AM in response to Frank8188

Frank8188 wrote:

Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.

Thank you for your recommendation. My problem has been successfully solved. It is indeed a system software problem. Thank you!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.