Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carplay distorted audio near home

I have had this issue using carplay in three different vehicles wireless and USB. When I am using carplay to play any audio and I get within a certain radius of my house the audio pauses for a split second and the quality becomes absolutely terrible. Pausing and playing will fix it but i have no clue what is causing it. I have the same problem when I leave my house as well, same radius. Could it be something location related? I have tried all the options people have given with similar issues about quality but to no avail

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 7:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 12:54 AM

Wireless interference: Power lines, radio or television. transmitters, transformers and other electronic devices may cause noise on the phone line. --> Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless ...

5 replies

Apr 26, 2023 6:33 AM in response to mr.perrine5

It might be that your phone finds your home WiFi signal when it gets close and switches over to that. However the signal is weak since it's still at a distance, it's struggling to get a decent data stream.

Try this, while in your home, start streaming audio. Then walk out of your house and walk down the street. Does the audio start distorting about the same distance as when you are driving?

Carplay distorted audio near home

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.