How can I resolve the issue of missing release dates for songs uploaded to the icloud music library using iTunes?

1. After subscribing to Apple Music, using iTunes to upload your local songs to the icloud music library will display uploaded or matched. When the uploaded song can still be found on local files, it will display the release date of the song, such as 2001-01-01, provided that I have edited the tag of the song, usually the tag of year is YYYY-MM-DDThh: mm: ssZ

2. When the local song is deleted and the uploaded song is selected for playback, it will be cached and played from the upload, but the release date of the song cannot be displayed at this time, only display the year of song

3. When using Apple music on an iphone, songs uploaded to the cloud can be played normally. However, when these songs are added to the same playlist with online music and sorted by release date, songs uploaded to the cloud may lose release date information and be placed in pre 2001 locations sorted alphabetically

4. In summary, are songs uploaded to the cloud using iTunes unable to recognize the release date on other devices due to restrictions on the information uploaded to the icloud music library or software adaptation issues?

5. I hope to solve this problem so that I can better organize my songs on iPhone apple music. I believe the release date is important

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 8:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 9:04 AM

I think Apple Music may only use the release dates found in the iTunes Store, as opposed to any information you may have manually added using iTunes. Thus matched or uploaded tracks that you add to your device may not arrive with the expected release date attached.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

How can I resolve the issue of missing release dates for songs uploaded to the icloud music library using iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.