You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could you tell me if this pencil 1 is genuine?

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 8:54 PM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2023 9:05 PM in response to yuzhen_Feng

When you pair it to your iPad, you can go to general > about > Apple Pencil and it will tell you the manufacturer and serial number. If this is not yours and your buying this from a market place wondering if this is real, then ask the seller to show proof by taking a screenshot of the serial number page that matches the serial number on the pencil.

Apr 27, 2023 7:46 AM in response to yuzhen_Feng

Everything about the image that you illustrate suggests that you have a genuine Apple Pencil.

You might check that the serial number, that you see etched on the Pencil’s Lightning connector, matches the serial number that you should be able to access from iPad settings while the Pencil is connected to the Lightning port of your iPad:

Settings > General > About > Apple Pencil

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.