Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Calendar no longer lets me set multiple alerts

New iMac running Ventura setting up an appointment in Calendar and it only lets me add one alert. I usually have 2-4, day before, 1 hour before, 15 mi before, 5 mi before.

The little plus sign is no longer visible to the right of the drop down menu. Please tell me this is not one of Apples "Improvements"?

iMac 24″, macOS 13.2

Posted on May 1, 2023 10:20 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

May 3, 2023 11:09 AM in response to Chris Winkler1

Hello Chris Winkler1,

You can use these steps to add alerts to a calendar event:

1. In the Calendar app on your Mac, double-click or force click an event to view event details, then click the event’s time.
2. Click the Alert pop-up menu, then do any of the following:
• Choose a time or day.
• Choose Time to Leave. (This option only applies if you added a location. For information about how time to leave is calculated, see Add a location.)
3. To customize the alert, click the Alert pop-up menu, choose Custom, then choose any of the following:
Message with sound: Displays a notification on the screen and makes a sound.
Email: Sends you an email.
Open file: Opens the file you choose.
4. To add another alert, place the pointer over the Alert pop-up menu, then click the Add button.
*You can set only one alert for Exchange events.

Set alerts for an event in Calendar on Mac

Make note of the last line in the instructions, if you have the Calendar app synced with an exchange email account, you can only set one alert for those items.

Cheers!

Dec 28, 2023 12:34 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Do you own an iPhone which has a built in calendar widget? Can we all agree that buying an iPhone which has a built in calendar widget oughta let ya set up reoccurring events with reminders? Secondary reminders logically don’t occur before initial reminders, yet they do on a the iPhone menu.. Iphone is not user friendly anymore generally. And whomever owns apple products oughta know that the generation that gave iPhone its independence is ****** because of silly things like this along with the fact that selfies aren’t mirror able. Jeve Stobs is rolling over in his inner Earth moon-hut

Jan 2, 2024 11:08 AM in response to Oh_hey_hai

Oh_hey_hai wrote:

Do you own an iPhone which has a built in calendar widget?

Yes, though I'm not sure what widgets have to do with this question.

Can we all agree that buying an iPhone which has a built in calendar widget oughta let ya set up reoccurring events with reminders?

I can.

Secondary reminders logically don’t occur before initial reminders, yet they do on a the iPhone menu..

How they appear on the menu is irrelevant to when they sound.

Calendar no longer lets me set multiple alerts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.