Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import .WAV files into Apple Music

Hi people,

I'm currently trying to import a .wav file to Apple Music. (btw, I don't have an Apple Music subscription.)

I'm also using the CMD + O shortcut on the Apple Music app. I've tried looking in my 'Recently Added' section but no luck so far.

To be clear, I do have 'WAV Encoder' used in my settings. If anybody can help, thanks so much :)

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 2, 2023 9:58 AM

11 replies

Aug 29, 2023 6:10 AM in response to doris_alina

doris_alina wrote:

Hi there,
I am confronting with the same problem: I try to import in Music .wav files and it doens't work.
I have tried to 'right-click it, and choose Open With > Music' but nothing happens.
Any advice, apart from converting the files from .wav into .mp3?
Thank you.

Doris,

That "Open With" procedure is the most direct way to open an audio file in Music. If the file doesn't open that way, then it is incompatible with Music. The reason could be file corruption, an oddity in the bitrate or sample rate, etc.

Conversion can clean that stuff up, so yes, try converting to MP3. You will need something other than iTunes/Music to do the conversion (since Music can only convert files that have been added to its library).

Feb 28, 2024 1:49 AM in response to Quicksy

Quicksy wrote:

The files are read/write. I've put them into the Automatically Add to Music folder but nothing has happened yet...

Well that's odd. Either they should be added to the library, and moved into the main media folder under ../Unknown Artist/Unknown Album, or moved to a Not Added folder if Music doesn't like them for some reason. Are you sure you are working in the active media folder?

tt2

Import .WAV files into Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.