Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

My Apple Gift Card code is 14 instead of 16

I bought a $100 Apple Card from Target and the code is 14 instead of 16. I don’t know what to do now?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 5, 2023 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 12:09 AM

I bought $200 apple gift cards from target with 14 pin codes only don't know what to do

Can somebody help

122 replies

Oct 22, 2023 6:25 PM in response to gaylena

Don’t take back to retailers. They can’t help you, because Apple is a third party. I bought 6 cards which weren’t properly activated. Went to retailer. Even came to this site and no help.I do have alternative for you. You call Apple Support. It has a menu, say “gift cards” and you will be routed according. I got case # first time I called. They were so pleasant. Each person I encountered with was a 10.

honestly . They sent me a link to send front and back of cards and a full receipt showing all corners. Easy. After receiving and viewing, they will call you back. I waited 2 days and the I called them back . With my case #, I got kind of transferred to different dept. but finally ended up in right department. I talked to a advisor supervisor. It took 2 1/2 hours, so be patient and kind. It goes a long way. We got 5 out of six taken care of. I only had one card that had 14 digits. He said that would take a little longer to investigate. This Monday (tomorrow between 9-12. He will be calling me to wrap up. Praise God!!! So if this can help you and others. Will make me so happy. Good luck

May 5, 2023 8:47 AM in response to rhizin

16-digit code, see -> How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card - Apple Support

⤵️

1. Find the 16-digit code on the back of the card. For some gift cards, you might need to peel or gently scratch off the label to see the code.

Are you sure you purchased Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card?

Go back to Target and get your money back.

-----

If you have a valid payment method on file, instead of buying or order an App Store & iTunes gift card, you can Add money to your Apple Account balance anytime, no gift card needed, see -> Apple Gift Card - Apple (UK)

See also this Apple article:  If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card

If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support

Beware of -> About Gift Card Scams -> About Gift Card Scams - Official Apple Support 

If you still need help, get more help and assistant from Apple directly, see Contact Apple for support and service -> Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support (UK) 

Mar 28, 2024 6:39 AM in response to Romaguyo8

Please follow the steps in this Apple Support article. 

If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support

If after reviewing the article, and following the directions in the article, you need additional assistance please follow the link below to contact official Apple Support. 

Contact Apple Gift Card Support

My Apple Gift Card code is 14 instead of 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.