Stuck on White Screen and wont restart

I have an Iphone 13 pro max, it is stuck on a white screen and will not do a hard restart. I also tried to restore with my PC but it keeps erring out. Any other ideas? I'm waiting for the device battery to run out naturally hoping the power off may help?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on May 6, 2023 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2023 10:29 PM

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If the above does not work then - Follow the instructions in this article by Apple ➔ If your iPhone is Non-Responsive or Frozen and see if that helps.

(3)  If that does not help, then contact 👉 Official Apple Support OR you can always get your iPhone examined at the Apple Store 👉 Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and a resolution.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2023 10:29 PM in response to Mfaye76

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If the above does not work then - Follow the instructions in this article by Apple ➔ If your iPhone is Non-Responsive or Frozen and see if that helps.

(3)  If that does not help, then contact 👉 Official Apple Support OR you can always get your iPhone examined at the Apple Store 👉 Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and a resolution.

Axel F.

May 6, 2023 10:41 PM in response to Mfaye76

Mfaye76 Said:

"Stuck on White Screen and won't restart: I have an Iphone 13 pro max, it is stuck on a white screen and will not do a hard restart. I also tried to restore with my PC but it keeps erring out. Any other ideas? I'm waiting for the device battery to run out naturally hoping the power off may help?"

-------

Troubleshooting a White iPhone Screen:

Try Swiping-Down from the top-right corner of your screen. See if that rids of this window. If not, I'd say the iPhone is stuck in a boot loop(because it was updating), or is simply frozen. So, if swiping down does not work, refer to the following... Refer to my User Tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

Stuck on White Screen and wont restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.