gdaserver using up RAM (MacBook Pro 13″)?

Dear community,

Lately, I saw that a certain "gdaserver" is taking up quite a bit of RAM (mostly around 1GB). Is anyone familiar with this? Is it any of the basic activities that happen in the background, or maybe from a program I have installed on my laptop?

Not an expert at this type of stuff and internet searches didn't get me far.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on May 8, 2023 11:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2023 4:48 AM

Building on the previous posting.

There are no known Windows-like Viruses in the wild that self replicate and affect macOS, because of the underling UNIX  Foundation and Permission Limitation. 

The Operating System resides in a Sealed and Read Only Volume that can not be opened by the User nor by Third Party Applications.

The only Entity that can open and modify or alter this Volume is Apple.

That would occur when a update or UpGrade is performed.

The Only thing this Antivirus software is protecting is the Bank Account of the Developers and for zero return to the User aside from the problems this software creates.

AntiVirus Developers purposefully Market their product to create a “ Fear Factor “.

In so doing, creating a False Need for their Product.

The The Built in Security  is all that is required to protect the computer.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2023 4:48 AM in response to YannickMilan

Building on the previous posting.

There are no known Windows-like Viruses in the wild that self replicate and affect macOS, because of the underling UNIX  Foundation and Permission Limitation. 

The Operating System resides in a Sealed and Read Only Volume that can not be opened by the User nor by Third Party Applications.

The only Entity that can open and modify or alter this Volume is Apple.

That would occur when a update or UpGrade is performed.

The Only thing this Antivirus software is protecting is the Bank Account of the Developers and for zero return to the User aside from the problems this software creates.

AntiVirus Developers purposefully Market their product to create a “ Fear Factor “.

In so doing, creating a False Need for their Product.

The The Built in Security  is all that is required to protect the computer.

May 9, 2023 2:56 AM in response to YannickMilan

To spare the back and forth question answer question answer process.

Download the Application Etrecheck directly from the Developer.

This is a Diagnostic Tool that makes no changes to the computer.

It makes a coherent and readable inventory of both the Hardware and Software used on the computer 

The application is free or paid from added features. 

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - >>>> using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last ) <<<<

gdaserver using up RAM (MacBook Pro 13″)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.